Turning Archive 2005

Subject:
Keith Tompkins Demo in Indy

Jennifer@Indy.USA
>Keith was in Indy this weekend for a two day demo and I got to catch today's part of it. I just wanted to say what a great day it was. Keith is a top notch demonstrator and has a way of inspiring just about anybody. I know I just wanted to go home after it was over and make something beautiful! Sadly I headed straight to work. Keith didn't tote any fancy Hi-Tec tools with him; instead he brought a modest collection of gouges, skews and a well thought out, home made wall thickness measuring device. He showed us that you can make beautiful things with minimal tools. He did a great job at advising us to think ahead of what are doing when create something. To hold a vision of what we want the end result to be and try to bring it to fruition. We had some great discussion about design and photography and even heard a great story about Keith's Pine Car Derby creations that would probably leave a few Boy Scouts in tears if they had to race against him! Disqualified I say! : )

It was a real treat to meet Keith and see his expertise in action. I am so glad I got to go.
Thanks Keith! Fantastic job!

Jennifer

PS: I have pics that I'll post tomorrow after I get some sleep. I'm a walking zombie after this weekend of fun and work...and I still have 5 hours to go :(
ugh.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081