Turning Archive 2005

Subject:
Confetti Bowl W/pic

Jennifer@Indy.USA
>Hi Everybody,

Here is a bowl that I finished a little while back. I'm calling it Confetti Bowl. I originally had just a straight rim and the confetti all around the rim and on the bottom.....until I showed it to a friend of mine who said, "Jen, you are really beyond these simple shapes. I don't think you're quite finished with this one yet". What? I say....I worked a long time on that rim! I think it's kind of neat!.....a bit irritated I went back the shop and took a spade bit and drilled the holes in the sides of the rim....and thought...there! How's that for different!.....and then I took my coping saw and started hacking on the rim.....and said ...there! How's THAT for different!.....then I took some files and a few rasps and some sand paper and this is what I came up with.

It's about 9" diameter and 4" deep. Burned and colored with Prisma markers.

I'd like to say thank you to the person who was brutaly honest with me about the simple rim design. You know who you are :)

I have a really hard time telling people what I think about their work if I don't agree with it or see something that I'd change, so I know it's not easy to do. But I have to say that I like this bowl much better now than I did before. I am SO glad that he was honest and said that to me! I have a "before carving" pic that I'll post so you can see what it looked like before.

All comments are welcome.

Thanks for taking a peek :)

Jennifer

PS: Looks like I either had some left over dust on the foot around the edge....or need some touch up on the sanding! GAWD! for all the world to see...lovely.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081