Turning Archive 2005

Subject:
Back From Phoenix

George Van in WI
>Well I'm back from visiting the kids in Arizona and chores are caught up enough to follow up with a couple of notes.

I visited with Sean Troy one afternoon, got a few good turning pointers and exchanged some wood and good stories. I now have some nice mesquite, sumac, and fir to rough out shortly. If you are in the Phoenix area give Sean a call, you will be treated well.

I visited the Heard museum as Wally advised and was impressed. I only wish I could have handled a couple of the pieces. When I went to the gift shop I was able to handle some great pottery items so my urges were satisfied. I spent a couple of hours just looking at the different forms from different tribes.

I also visited the Cervini Haas Gallery/Gallery Materia 4222 N. Marshall Way, Scottsdale as suggested by Paul Porter. I am glad I did not miss this one; it had the best selection of wood turnings I saw. John Jordan, Dave Ellsworth, Paul Fennel, Mark Bressler, Simon Levy Todd Hoyer, Joshua Salesin, Mike Phillips and more.

Thanks Sean, Paul and Wally for helping me enjoy my time in Arizona.

Messages In This Thread

Back From Phoenix
Re: Back From Phoenix *LINK*
© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081