Turning Archive 2005

Subject:
***SURVEY: THE IDES OF MARCH***

Ellis Walentine
>Here we go again folks, our 33rd (!) "Ides of ..." survey, taking your pulse on issues of interest to woodworkers, and to the readers of Woodworker West magazine. You can view previous "News & Views from WoodCentral.com" columns by clicking the link at left. (or HERE)

For any of you who are not familiar with the surveys, every two months -- on the "ides" (usually the 15th) of the month -- I post a survey question and you all get to weigh in with your sentiments. We force your comments through the editorial strainer and send them off to Woodworker West for publication in their next issue. Simple as that.

This time around, I'd like to explore a question that has intrigued me for a long time...Why do you do woodworking?

I'd like to know what attracted you to the activity and the role it plays in your life today. Do you do it to make a living? to stay off the streets? to make things for your home or spouse or family? as a creative outlet? for the sense of accomplishment? for the quiet contemplative nature of the craft? because you are mechanically inclined? because you like tools? because you need a way to get rid of excess cash? because you like problem solving? Do you combine it with other creative or mechanical skills?

Lotta questions here, folks, and these are just the first scenarios that popped to mind. I'm looking forward to hearing a lot more ideas from you.

Thanks in advance for participating!

Ellis Walentine, host

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081