Turning Archive 2005

Subject:
Sometimes the planets just line up...

Rod Peterson -- Ormond Beach
>Last week I posted about buying the used Delta 46-700 at Woodcraft. There wasn't much included with it—the stand, the tool rest, and a live center, and that was it.

Last Saturday a fellow posted on rec.woodworking:

I've got 1 3" and 1 6" faceplate, TS Center, 12" toolrest, pair wrenches, allen wrench and the bar with brass
end to knock the center loose.

I emailed him asking if the pieces were #2 MT, and 1"-8 and that I was interested if they were, how much? He replied, "$15.00 sound fair?" Oh, and get this: he's in the same town as The Utter Guys (actually about five minutes away) which is only about 40 miles from me.

Today I drove down there with cash in hand, met a very nice woodworker, and when he brought out the parts I had to laugh. They were essentially everything that was missing from my lathe except the manual. I said he must have stolen them from Woodcraft forcing them to sell the stripped down lathe to me.

Oh, and the "TS Center?" (which I didn't need) It was actually the spur center; which I needed.

Then I had lunch with my high school buddy who lives nearby. It was a very successful midday.

Rod

Messages In This Thread

Sometimes the planets just line up...
It couldn't happen to......
Re: Sometimes the planets just line up...
© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081