Turning Archive 2005

Subject:
Home from Philly! *PIC*

Keith Tompkins
>Well, I'm home from my adventure in the big city.....brought home a little souvenier(sp) from my trip.

All I can say is....WOW! The Niche ceremony was held in a large theatre in the Convention Center; the affair resembled an Oscar Award night. As the finalists in each category(four in each category) were announced, an image of their piece was shown on the screen. Then as the winner was announced, only one big image remained.

Or course, alphabetical order, and woodturning was the LAST category called. By that time, my nerves were shot. I tried to stay calm. Take a deep breath, I told myself. Relax, no big deal! When the turning images were displayed, I could feel my heart pounding rapidly in my chest. And the winner in the turned wood category is....

I don't remember much else after that! Publicity photos, press release packages, handshakes, more photos....WHEW! I also got to meet a couple of Wood Central friends there!

As if that wasn't enough, Albert LeCoff from the Wood Turning Center invited me to visit the Center, where he invited me to participate in TWO upcoming exhibitions!

I assure you, I did not sleep at all last night. Not a bit.

Thanks for all your support, Keith

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081