Turning Archive 2005

Subject:
Tree bark guide *LINK*

MikeinCapeMay
>The recent threads concerning tree/wood ID got me to doing a bit of searching. I came up with "Tree bark - a color guide". This books truly sounds worthwhile, it's available from numerous sources including Amazon and half.com.

Just thought I'd pass this along.
Mike

Here's a short review from one of the sites:
Editorial Reviews
From Book News, Inc.
Presents hundreds of exquisite color photographs of the bark of trees from around the world, with a substantial introduction discussing the kinds of bark that exist, their structures, functions, characteristics, and uses in the arts and industry. Includes a glossary. Translated, revised, and much enlarged from Guide des ecorces, published in 1993, and in 1990 as Baumrinden.Copyright 2004 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR

Product Description:
How often do we overlook bark, a frequently beautiful and always important part of the plant, focusing instead on leaves, flowers, and the shape of the trunk and branches? Hugues Vaucher, a Swiss watchmaker with a lifelong fondness for trees and an eye for detail, illustrates the rich variety of colors, patterns, and textures of bark with more than 550 photographs in Tree Bark: A Color Guide. For a number of the trees, he provides photographs of younger and older specimens, showing the distinctive changes that age makes in bark, which must develop and expand to accommodate the growth of the tree.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081