Turning Archive 2005

Subject:
Fire Hazard

Wood Spinner
>I had a situation that we all need to be aware of. I have been doing some production roughing out and almost had a fire that is a hazard that many have. I was working and smelled smoke, thought nothing of it until it got stronger. In looking around I found that the flying curls had caught on my halogen 500 watt lamp guard and ignited from the heat. They were falling to the floor and landing in the pile of shavings and the problem was beginning. I quickly did a clean up and no fire.
If you use the halogen floods remove the wire safety grate in front.

Good turning and be safe
Bill in Casa Grande, AZ.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081