Turning Archive 2005

Subject:
Delta lathe tools closeout at Home Depot

MT
>I just thought I would pass this on in case anybody else was interested. I was at Home Depot last night wandering around the tool department looking for a drill bit and noticed they are closing out the Delta 8 piece wood lathe turning tools with the plastic case for $30. I found them on Delta's website if you want to see them they are part number 46-730. http://www.deltawoodworking.com/index.asp?e=139&p=1164.

I know they aren't the best tools out there but at 8 tools for $30 I couldn't resist. I might be able to use a couple and if not it was worth the $30 to me just to practice sharpening so I'm not grinding away the few good tools that I have. It doesn't say HSS on the tools anywhere or the website so I'm assuming they aren't. I think it was a 1/4" parting, two 1/2" scrapers, 1/2" and 1" skews, and three gouges - 1/4" 5/8" and 3/4".

I asked the saleperson about it and he didn't think they are going to carry 'lathe stuff' anymore as the reason for the closeout. They also had the Ryobi oscillating spindle sander on closeout for $50 which I got to distract the wife with for her scroll saw projects while I told her about the lathe tools. Worked like a charm.

MT

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081