Turning Archive 2005

Subject:
Cold shop floor? *LINK*

Mike Schwing from Md.
>This is an unsolicited product recommendation.

Someone on another board was talking about how his floor/shop from the waist down was too cold to work in comfortably during the winter. It made me think of the absolutely wonderful heated floor mat that I have, and that no one should have to suffer cold feet (or legs) with this simple, pretty inexpensive product available.

Linked below, it is simply a heated floor mat that produced a nice warm radiant heat that keeps your feet wonderfully cozy, and naturally radiates heat upwards around your legs, too.

I keep mine at the foot of my lathe since that is where I spend most of the time. My floor is much too cold to stand on during the winter, even with a standard floor mat my feet get uncomfortably cold before long. The price on this website is $55 but it is worth at least double that!

It warms quickly, runs on very low wattage and I have forgotten to unplug it overnight without burning the house down. It only gets warm, not hot, and has a built in thermostat. I doubt I could more highly recommend this product for those in a similar situation.

Hope this helps someone. Link below.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081