Turning Archive 2005

Subject:
Florida symposium

David Galloway
>I am at the hotel after the second day of the Fla. symposium. This is a superb gathering, well planned, hosted by a great group of folks. I basically sat in Mahoney's seminars all day today.What an amazing turner! I have added several things to my arsenal as a result of this workshop.
One thing to mention: the importance of good video operators. I was in two seminars yesterday that were virtually unwatchable due to the laziness/lack of concern of the volunteers. Today, we had an agressive camera person who put us right in the action. He worked the entire time. At the end, he and I agreed that the way to do this is to have a live cameraman who is moving, several set cameras, and a director who plays with the switcher. I have come to clarity that the video folks are almost as important as the demonstators. It is irresponsible to have untrained video operators who do a bad job so that the majority of the attendees can not see the cut. I hope that we all will be more thoughtful about this. I am going to volunteer for camera duty for the AAW symposium next summer. Great job Florida!
David Galloway
GAW

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081