Turning Archive 2005

Subject:
ANOTHER waaayyy OT: Ear candles...

BubbaBob
>OK...so now I am out doing myself in the area of weird, but I need help.

I went in a health food store yesterday to buy some essential oils for my soapmaking, and got in a conversation with the owner. Somehow we got to talking about ear candles, which I had never heard of before. He showed me one and I promptly dissected it and upon discovering it was nothing more than a tube of paraffin impregnated muslin, that had been made by spiral wrapping the paraffin/muslin (2x24) around a 1/2 x 10 1/2 wooden dowel with a taper on the end (think big sharpened pencil), allowing to cool, and removing the dowel.

Well, the upshot of it is the store owner orders them twice a month, 200 at a time, and pays a dollar each, for an item with 10 cents in materials. He owns 4 more stores, each going through about 400 a month.

I opened my big mouth and asked if he would give me all the business, 2000 a month, if I did them for 90 cents each.

Done deal...and he has friends that are in the same business and he will steer them to me.

This is way cool, except...

I CAN'T GET THE DAMN TUBE TO RELEASE FROM THE DOWEL AFTER IT COOLS ENOUGH TO HOLD TOGETHER!!!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, and please...don't tell me to stick it in my ear.

BubbaBob

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081