Turning Archive 2005

Subject:
Lathe stands...*PIX*...>>

RonZ
>..>> The subject was brought up below about a stand for the Jet lathe. The Vicmarc VL100 is similar so I thought I'd post this if it's a help to anyone. I know almost zero about flatwork except for using plywood and screws. This setup evolved over about a year. I use this for demonstrations and it is portable and on wheels. The latest addition is the PVC 'holsters' for the tools. It's extremely handy and they act as a bumper gaurd when I load the setup into my trailer.

Here's Vicky in the beginning. A salvaged desk top and saw horse.

This is a current picture. This is just back from a demo so it's clean. Picture taken for posterity. =o)

Here's a close up of the 'holsters' I have seen something like this posted around here so if it was your idea, stand up and take credit. The tools are color coded for easy access. I have extended the tailstock lock with a cocobolo handle as I have problems with my arm and tightening it so this way I get leverage.

My other two lathes in the stable is Vick, my Vicmarc VL300 short with 1 meter extention, and my newest addition, Bonnie, a Bonnie Klein lathe for doing demos and don't have to move Vicky who's at least 110 pounds

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081