Turning Archive 2004

Subject:
My First Acrylic Pen *PIC*

Tom Mullane
>Turned my first acrylic ... I had to, the box of stuff from Arizona Silhouette came today and it was burning my hands.. honestly... Bill made me do it.. LOL...
Also my first Atlas Pen, a new kit that AS is selling that they have designed..
Let me tell you this is one nice kit.. I was a little apprehensive about the design (almost a clone to the Patriot kit).. but once I finished it and wrote with it I was sold.. this will definately go into my spring inventory... and the best part is that I can get two pens from one acrylic blank.. now that is economical....
The kit I did was a Black Chrome with the AA03 acrylic blank that Bill describes as "A wild abstract of fine orange lines against dark brown; very special and unique".. and it definately is.. works real nice with the black chrome kit...
Sanded with Hut Magic Sand, a new nonwoven steel wool that Hut sells that comes in 4 grades.. the finest is equivalent to 10000grit... the finish was dead smooth and glossy with that... then finished with Hut Ultra Gloss Plastic Polish which really gave it a glass like finish with absolutely no swirl marks...
Looks like there will definately be some acylics in my future from now on...

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081