Turning Archive 2004

Subject:
I finally did it

jared
>remove 1 for email

Well I finally did it. I have to tell somebody. I ordered a new powermatic 3520 lathe from Osolnik Machinery yesteday. It will be shipped to me on Jan 3 since I will be gone for the next few days. I had been lusting after it for a year, had the ok from my wife and everything but I guess I just felt guilty spending that much money on myself. I have been using a delta midi lathe for 3 years and thoroughly enjoy making bowls, pens, anything that is round. Three things pushed me over the edge, I counted and I have sold 22 bowls in the last month or so for christmas presents. Second my son and I got two pickup loads of walnut and ash logs last weekend and I can get a lot of real nice blanks out of them that are way too large for the midi. And finally I got $900 from a settlement on a class action lawsuit that was unexpected and all I had to do to get it was fill out a little paperwork and send it in.
Now I have to make some major moves in my shop to get room for all of this. It probably needs cleaning up anyway. I will have to make some mobile bases for a jointer and belt sander, etc.
And finally, most of this wouldnt be happening with out all of the knowledge I have picked up by reading all of the posts on this forum. I dont post a lot but do read it religiously. Thanks to everyone.
Looking forward to Christmas and the first week of January. Jared

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081