Turning Archive 2004

Subject:
Murphy's Law of Chatrooms

Ellis Walentine
>Well, folks, I'm getting tired of apologizing for my server guys, but someone dropped the ball last night and I'm sorry we didn't get it back up and running until after 10 pm. Sheesh.

For anyone who is interested, what happens is this: If/when our main server crashes, even momentarily, as it did yesterday afternoon, it aborts the Parachat server, which is supposed to be on 24/7. My tech guys know when the main server reboots and they are supposed to feed in the command to reboot the chat server also.

Well, you can guess the rest. I didn't find out about it until I got a call at about 10 pm. Too bad I didn't stop by the chatroom earlier, because I could have caught it and had it fixed in no time. But when you get up as early as I do, you tend to turn in early, too. Leave it to Murphy.

Anyhow, the good news is that in about a week, WoodCentral and Woodfinder are moving to a *rocket ship* of a server -- one that will accommodate our increasing traffic as well as our new video clip library. (Did I just say that? Must be hearing things. :-) So, I hope you will bear with us, as things are actually getting better all the time. (I think the Beatles said that.)

Cheers,
Ellis Walentine, Host

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081