Turning Archive 2004

Subject:
Central Santa *PIC*

Ernie Miller *Topeka
>For thoes of you who didn't play this year Ha Ha! This is the present that I made for my reciepany Bob Hackett. It is a Cherriot plane made out of squair tubbing with Monkey Pod stufffing and a copper wedge plate. The blade is out of an ols Sargent block plane that was at the bottom of an auction box. Funny story when I went to the scrap yard about a month or so ago looking for brass bar stock for the wedge support all I could find was copper so I ask if it would work most people said yes but Bob said why not use brass and sent a lever cap casting. well the thumb screw needed turning on a lathe that I don't have and I setteled on the copper for this plane. if he would have only turned it first it would be on this plane. it is set op with a verry tight mouth. I heve a new Makers mark on this one It is a connected WM and a 2. My real name is William E. Miller Jr. the WM and the 2 stands for JR. My dad used to mark his tools WM and I thought it was only right to modify it for my mark. for more pictures go to the hand tool board

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081