Turning Archive 2004

Subject:
I hate MONDAYS!!!

Ricc Havens
>Crappy day at work - lost a deal that would have paid $2000 in commission alone. I hate Mondays!!

No snow yet - but in preparation, I went to 4 hardware and repair stores to find the drive belt for my snowblower - and no one had it in stock. Old one wasn't worn too bad so I decided to buy some belt dressing to prevent any slippage. Got home and went to put a few drops on the belt and CRAP!! the #*@& factory spout was not properly pressfit into place by the assembly line and the whole thing came off and belt dressing went all over. I hate Mondays!!!

Decided to have some shop time to relax. Was cutting some halves of logs into round bowl blanks and motor on the bandsaw just quit mid-blank. No smoke no warning - just Dead. Yes, it's a Harbor Freight motor but at 1hp it was alot better than the factory 1/2hp on my 30yr old Crapsman. Not only that - but it had to die 2 months past the 2yr warranty. I HATE Mondays!!!

Then I decided to clean the shop a little as our own Dave Smith is coming to town for some wedding and offered to give me and a fellow newbie turner Bud Garabee some pointers friday nite. While sweeping the dust into the floor pickup of my dust collector (yes - I picked out all the pig chucks) the impeller or motor of the DC started to make a loud noise. I quit!! I HATE mondays!!!

The only good thing today was a good cigar at lunch under a nice shade tree at the park.

But I hate mondays!!
Ricc Havens
Elkhart, IN

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081