Turning Archive 2004

Subject:
Is this a Gloat?

W.C. Turner
>Went to the Nashville Flea Market today & ran across a New, Milwaukee Right Angle/Close Quarter drill. The vender had it priced $100 on one side, & on the other side $95. I said I'll give you $50. He said how about $75? I said I'll come back by before we leave. I returned, I said $60, & he said $65. Will it run? He plugged it in, Yes. Took it home for $65. BTW, it didn't have the manual with it.

I thought I had a gloat on the way home, & when I got there I looked in an old catalog. Found what appeared to be my drill. It was a Milwaukee 0375-6. Mine is an Heavy Duty Milwaukee 0375-1. But, both are; 3/8", 3.5 Amp, 55 angled chuckpaddle switch, double insulated , & double gearing. And, oh yeah, 0-1300 RPM. Then I looked at the Sioux model, (which I believe is also made by Milwaukee) right above the Milwaukee, & saw the speed was 0-2500, that's when I remembered that I should get the higher speed for sanding. Oh, and another drawback, it has a keyed chuck, instead of the keyless.

So, T.D., & all you others here, that use the 0-2500 rpm version, or Sioux version of this drill for sanding, Is this a Gloat, or am I the Goat?

Thanks,

W.C.

Messages In This Thread

Is this a Gloat?
Re: Is this a Gloat?
© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081