Turning Archive 2004

Subject:
I'm Back from the Movies!

Bill Grumbine, Kutztown PA
>Howdy everyone!

I and my Poolewood arrived safely home this afternoon, despite rain the whole way home from MD, and the lathe is back in its normal spot, all hooked up and ready to turn.

It was a lot of work, but it was also a lot of fun. The film crew was easy to work with, and we got a lot accomplished in the time alloted. We shot almost five hours of tape in two days, which the film company owner says is highly unusual. He said if they get two hours they are doing well.

I should get the raw footage with a time counter in the next week or so and between myself and my producer, we will edit it down independently as we see fit. We will then return our edits to the film company who will combine them and make a rough draft, or whatever you want to call it. Then we will both go down and spend a day with them doing the final edit all toghether.

I had four former students (actually five, counting my producer) in attendance, and they were a huge help. When they weren't scarfing down pizza and hoagies, they managed to help out with setting up and taking down scenes, offering suggestions and in general doing a great job of helping us to keep things moving. I was pampered the whole time to the point where it was embarrassing. I could easily get used to it.

More to come as it becomes appropriate.

Bill

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081