Turning Archive 2004

Subject:
Big news for me from me

Bill Grumbine, Kutztown PA
>Greetings all

Since I have been teaching turning, students of mine have been encouraging me to make a video, write a book, and do other things associated with spreading my ideas on how things get done at the lathe. While it has all been very flattering I have never had the wherewithal to do any of the above. No money for a video, no time to write ( a book, anyway), etc. Some of that changed not too long ago, when a student who offered up the same opinion also offered to stake me on the project.

So, towards the end of this week I will be filming my first full length movie on how I turn bowls, from the log in the field to the finished piece on the table. A lot of work has gone into this already, and there is still a lot more to do, but the thing is scheduled, and soon I will be a movie star, at least in my own head!

I will be out of contact with the internet from Tuesday morning on, and who knows how busy things will get between now and then, but I wanted to tell a few hundred of my closest turner friends. ;-)

If I don't post between now and then, I will see you all when I get back.

Bill

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081