Turning Archive 2004

Big news for me from me

Bill Grumbine, Kutztown PA
>Greetings all

Since I have been teaching turning, students of mine have been encouraging me to make a video, write a book, and do other things associated with spreading my ideas on how things get done at the lathe. While it has all been very flattering I have never had the wherewithal to do any of the above. No money for a video, no time to write ( a book, anyway), etc. Some of that changed not too long ago, when a student who offered up the same opinion also offered to stake me on the project.

So, towards the end of this week I will be filming my first full length movie on how I turn bowls, from the log in the field to the finished piece on the table. A lot of work has gone into this already, and there is still a lot more to do, but the thing is scheduled, and soon I will be a movie star, at least in my own head!

I will be out of contact with the internet from Tuesday morning on, and who knows how busy things will get between now and then, but I wanted to tell a few hundred of my closest turner friends. ;-)

If I don't post between now and then, I will see you all when I get back.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.