Turning Archive 2004

Subject:
Not too far off topic

steve antonucci
>I went to the Sussex County Fair and Horse Show today. It also serves as New Jersey's State Fair.

This year, there was a guy with a Woodmizer, for those of you who missed Bill's picnic last week. They didn't look like they were serious, but they ran the mill for a bit. There was also a guy out of PA who was a very talented chainsaw carver. Fun to watch for a big, and over by the elephant rides.

The big attraction that I see as a "can't miss" is the Stihl Timbersports Competition. ESPN is filming tomorrow for a show in December, and I watched the single buck competition today. Best time was a hair over 12 seconds through a 16-18" log with a handsaw.

And then they brought out the hotsaw. 250cc saw pushing 60 HP. Same log, three cuts in 7 seconds. I swear the first cookie hadn't hit the ground before the second one started falling.

And if all of that isn't enough to get you driving to Sussex County, Dodge sponsors the competition and they brought an SRT-10 truck. If you don't know what that is, it's a Viper engine in a RAM truck capable off 500 HP and 155MPH.

Too many toys today...

Steve

Messages In This Thread

Not too far off topic
Sussex County Fair *LINK*
© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081