Turning Archive 2004

Subject:
BBQ and Turning, Routing demo coming soon!

David Sophusson, Custer Wa.
>Hi All,

July 17th is coming Fast!

Only about a week left until BBQ time! Anyone who needs directions please send me an email or respond to this post so I can shoot them off to you.

Also I need a head count for Vern Leibrantís turning demo on the afternoon of Friday the 16th. Vern turns things as small as acorns to bowls large enough to sled down your favorite snowy slope. His tools are 3-4 feet long with rowboat oars for handles. Youíll also get to see why he wears a poncho during his turning. If you can make it at all it will be an experience you wonít soon forget. The plan is to get together at my place between 12-1 or so then caravan up to Vernís studio about 30 minutes away. Then after the demo and chatting with Vern weíll stop for a bit to eat. After that itís back to the shop for fun and games and a campfire.

Wally Dickerman will be here again this year and hopefully heíll have some of his thin wall turnings to show off, amazing!

Also Carol The Router Lady will be coming from Arizona and staying at the house with us so if there is anything you wanted to know about routers, Friday evening would be a great time to ask her questions and maybe have her show off a little. Also if you have one of her books and bring it I bet she would autograph for you. ;-)

On Saturday Steve Jenkins will be here so if you ever wanted to know anything about veneering Steve is one of the Masters!

For more info about the BBQ it self go Here to the events board to see my post.

Becky and I are looking forward to seeing all of our friends we have met over the years and are hoping to meet new ones!

Sophie

Messages In This Thread

BBQ and Turning, Routing demo coming soon!
We will be there about noon.
No head count yet
Re: BBQ and Turning, Routing demo coming soon! *LINK*
© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081