Turning Archive 2004

Subject:
Drat!!!!!!

Don Henthorn
>I ordered my Jet 1014 on February 19th and received notice that Amazon had shipped it on April 28th. Since I was in the midst of preparations for my estate sale I opened the package and everything looked ok so I sealed it up and put it in storage with the other stuff I am keeping. Now we are back in the house getting it ready for sale and I had a little extra time so I took the lathe out of the box and set it on the bench. The first thing I noticed was that I could not turn the handwheel on the tail stock. I worked it a little and finally got it to turn but the handwheel wobbles when it is turned and it is definitely binding somewhere. A foot pad was broken off as well which is no biggie since I will remove the pads and screw the lathe to a board. My problem is that I called Jet and they said to contact Amazon since they are supposed to service the tools they sell. I haven't been able to find the proper place to call or log onto to secure replacement parts. Can someone help me on this? TIA.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081