Turning Archive 2004

Subject:
Last Wednesday chat... *LINK*

Jean Michel
>Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say that my computer was present on the chat last night but I could not be physically present so I finished reading the chat buffer at midnight...

It was very interesting I have to say...

John, my grinder setup now is a bit different from the setup shown on my web page. I bought an 8" 3600rpm to replace the 6" 1800rpm model I had so now I have two 8" grinders, a slow and high speed. The high speed presently has a 60 grit grey stone for my mower blades and a green HSS/Carbide 120 grit stone. The slow speed is the Woodcraft deal I got 2 years ago now. It carries a 60 and 120 grit white wheels. I made just about all the rests I am using including the jigs, the exception is the Veritas rest I bought from Lee Valley. I intend to take new pictures as soon as the Coolpix 5700 comes back from the repair shop curing the infamous and often seen flash problem. I wonder if this is looked after on the replacing model, the Coolpix 8700...

Russ, I was turning last night and decided to touch all my gouges to the grinder and I passed the snoot test till I hit the stone with the diamond razor like wheel dresser, Geeee! Does that ever bring a nasty cloud of unbreathable dust/binder/Al oxyde...

Mark, I stay in the shop also not to make my sugar level go up, I even come in to have a bite ounce in a while not to make it too low...

Again, thanks everyone.

Terry, thanks for the moderating job and the hints and tips.

Have fun, safely!

Messages In This Thread

Last Wednesday chat... *LINK*
Re: Last Wednesday chat...
Re: Last Wednesday chat...
Re: Last Wednesday chat...summary
© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081