Turning Archive 2004

Subject:
Box Elder Goblet (pic)

Bill Grumbine, Kutztown PA
>We have to go to a wedding tomorrow. Actually it is more like I have to go. SWMBO is actually looking forward to it. I have to wear a tie and a suit jacket. I don't even do that when I preach in church! I prefer the traditional Mennonite garb of black pants with black suspenders and an white shirt - very plain. Anyway...

So SWMBO asked me to make a wedding goblet for the happy couple, one of whom just happens to be her boss at work. So, I obliged, figuring I will be able to collect on this one later on.

This goblet is made from a piece of boxelder which I got several years ago, and from which I made a number of "pegs". It is nice and dry, and has some nice color to it. Finish is Bartley's Gel Varnish. There is no buffing on something like this with those rings flopping around like that! Overall size is 7" tall and 2" in diameter. As far as I am concerned, it is nonfunctional. There are bug holes in the bowl, but they do not go all the way through, so conceivably they could drink from it.

Thanks for taking a look.

Bill

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081