Turning Archive 2004

Subject:
1,000th Demonstration

Steven D. Russell
>Hello to the group,

I will reach a significant milestone in my professional woodturning career very soon, the completion of my 1,000th woodturning demonstration! In travelling across the United States, I have had the honour to meet many of the members of this forum, as well as woodturners from other Internet message groups and discussion boards during my demonstrations.

The completion of my 1,000th demonstration will occur in Houston, Texas during the Gulf Coast Woodturners (AAW) Association Annual Woodturning Retreat in Conroe, Texas on Sunday, May 23, 2004. This demonstration will cover the set-up and use of the Kelton Centre Saver System and proper methods for coring bowls. I have always enjoyed teaching and the opportunity to demonstrate woodturning techniques allows me to “give something back” to the woodturning community that has been so good to me.

For those of you that have been able to see one of my demonstrations around the country for The Woodworking Shows, at your AAW member section, during the annual AAW Symposium (vendor area) and numerous other locations, I hope you enjoyed the demonstration and that it was beneficial to you.

I continuously strive to improve the quality and thoroughness of my demonstrations, in an effort to enhance your understanding and enjoyment of the specific topics presented. As many of you know, I constantly research and test new woodturning tools and techniques and when necessary, develop them from scratch. This core focus continues to be the hallmark and cornerstone of my studio’s educational efforts.

During the next few months, I will be publishing the results of many of my latest research activities and long-range test reports in the pages of GMC’s “Woodturning” magazine. My research and testing in the woodturning art disciplines will expand in the near future, as I significantly expand my ability to scientifically test and track the results of specific tests.

Having participated in numerous other art disciplines in the past, I can truly say that I have never met so many talented artists willing to share their experiences so generously. The warmth and friendship of woodturners worldwide is second to none, and we are indeed fortunate to participate in such a wonderful artistic medium. Thank you all for your kindness, support, and encouragement. Here’s to the next 1,000! Take care and all the best to you and yours!

Better Woodturning and Finishing Through Chemistry...

Steven D. Russell
Eurowood Werks Woodturning Studio and Advanced Research Centre
The Woodlands, Texas

Machinery, Tool and Product Testing for the Woodworking and Woodturning Industries

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081