Turning Archive 2004
>Last week I found a large black cherry tree that had blown down during one of our recent storms. It was easy to see why someone else had not taken advantage of this freebe--the tree was covered with poison ivy vines. I was careful to remove as much of the vine as possible, and wore a jacket, hat, and heavy gloves (on a 75 degree day) while cutting the tree into logs and loading up. I still got some poison ivy on my face. My concern now is cutting the logs into blanks (some of the poison ivy may be in the bark). Has anyone used a skin protectant called Ivy Block? Is this stuff worth the cost? (about $12 for a 4oz bottle)
Thanks in advance!