Turning Archive 2004

Subject:
Blessings and Storms - bit LONG and a bit OT

Chuck Ludwigsen
>I got them both last night.

I sold my 2nd bowl today and for a good price. I will post the pictures tonight. I also have an order for another salt/pepper mill set - this one paid. So the woodturning is going well and actually adding to the bank account side of life.

But last night I got hit by a left hook and a right jab. My loving Great Pyrenes dog bit a neighborhood kid on my property and the IRS sent me a lovely letter asking for a (larger) donation.

The boy is fine and the bite did not puncture. While I know it is our responsibility, I am pleased that his mother does not intend to sue. She is begin very kind. Still, even a nip from a 120 lb dog hurts and I feel terrible for what happened.

The IRS also informed me I declared some income incorrectly and owe them a nice bit of change. I can see where I made the error and can not really argue with them. So now I have to figure out how to pay them back.

So I think the professional side of my woodturning is going into involuntary high gear. I'm hoping to sell my bowls to whomever is interested. If I sell between 50 and 100 at decent prices, I can cover the IRS donation. The peppermills cost a fair bit to make due to the mechanisms, but I will do those if I get enough interest. I'll also be starting some pens with the supplies I picked up over the weekend.

Any other ideas on venues, items, or just experiences with the IRS that would either help or just encourage me would be appreciated ;-/. It has been a tough day.

I'm praying my Pastor's favorite prayer today... "Oh God, oh God, oh God, oh God". I know He will see me through this, just fighting the discouragement.

Thanks for listening. I look at this group as good friends.

Chuck in Memphis, TN

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081