Turning Archive 2008

Subject:
At PSI' showroom 50% off OW Fingernail profile jig

Dominic Greco in Richboro PA
>and $45 off Oneway Talon with 1"-8 TPI insert.

Figured I'd give you guys any local (local to Philly I mean) a heads up about a great deal I got today.

I stopped by PSI's Showroom on Philmont Ave in Phila PA just to get some throat inserts for my bandsaw. While there I was walking around and keeping my eyes opened for deals. I found a box of 3/8" or 1/2" Benjamin Best HSS bowl (or were they spindle?) gouges for $10 each. I didn't need any so I passed on them.

But when I found a NEW-IN-THE BOX Oneway Talon along with the 1"-8 TPI insert for $175 I called my big brother right away (these normally run about $220 - $225 for the chuck and threaded insert). He just got a Midi lathe about 8 months ago and has really been getting into it. I knew he was about to pull the trigger on a chuck. Luckily he didn't get one yet. So I snagged that for him. As we were talking I came across a couple of boxes of Oneway Fingernail Profile Jigs for the Wolverine Jig. These are normally about $48 to $50. PSI marked them down to $25. So one went into the bag as well!

Anyway, there were not a lot of either of these items left. But I figured that if some lucky local turner could get to PSI's showroom on Monday, they'd probably still be there.

See ya around,

Dominic

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081