Turning Archive 2008

Subject:
The kindness of turners

Mike Rubes, Apex, NC
>Hi all,

A week or so ago I posted a note about needed some 4x4 maple squares for a mother's day present I am working on with my two sons. I got some good responses including links of where I could buy the wood. This is great, I said.

Saturday was our local American Cancer Society Relay for Life event. My wife and I are on a team and we (and our boys) were there all day and all night and had a great time and raised a lot of money for a very worthy cause. I came home Sunday morning about 10:00 and found a box on my porch from the mail Saturday. Imagine my suprise when it was two maple turning squares from Gerry Meekins up in Maryland (and a piece of cherry to keep things from "sliding around")! I don't know if Gerry posts much here or not, but I've met him at Bill Grumbine's picnic the last few years. What a wonderful surprise to come home to! I've got the first one chucked up and hope to get to work on it tonight.

Many thanks, Gerry, that was a really nice thing to do. I hope the project turns out ok. Either way, I'll post pics when it is done.

Mike

Happy to be part of the Wood Central family in Apex, NC

Messages In This Thread

The kindness of turners
Glad u r havin fun with it Mike! Lets see some pix *NM*
© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081