Turning Archive 2008

Subject:
Southern States Symposium Report

Gary Evans Tallassee, TN
>Hi all,

Looks like I'm the first to get back to their computer after the show. As usual the sponsoring clubs did a very good job with putting everything together, at least from a vendor's viewpoint. I'll let an attendee comment on the other view.

Regardless of anyone else's experience, I had a very good time. Sold a little wood, got to see lots of familiar faces and shake lots of familiar hands. Even got a hug or two. I wish I had some pics, but I didn't take my camera. Hopefully someone else will supply those.

The list of WC folks that I can remember includes: Ruth Niles, Pete Kekel, Ted Olikachany, John Lucas, Doug Thompson, and Harvey Meyer. And, I know the "real" John Jordan lurks around here occasionally. He was there too. 8^] I hope I didn't leave anybody out.

If anybody here knows Ed and Betty Fennell from Myrtle Beach, please tell them I'm sorry that I didn't get to say goodbye. I was just in a hurry to get home. They are a very special couple; in their 80's and still going strong with a tremendous interest in turning wood.

I hope that others will chime in with their experiences as they get back home and get their breath back.

I gotta go bury my dog. He slipped on out on me while I was gone.

Gary

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081