Turning Archive 2008

Southern States Symposium Report

Gary Evans Tallassee, TN
>Hi all,

Looks like I'm the first to get back to their computer after the show. As usual the sponsoring clubs did a very good job with putting everything together, at least from a vendor's viewpoint. I'll let an attendee comment on the other view.

Regardless of anyone else's experience, I had a very good time. Sold a little wood, got to see lots of familiar faces and shake lots of familiar hands. Even got a hug or two. I wish I had some pics, but I didn't take my camera. Hopefully someone else will supply those.

The list of WC folks that I can remember includes: Ruth Niles, Pete Kekel, Ted Olikachany, John Lucas, Doug Thompson, and Harvey Meyer. And, I know the "real" John Jordan lurks around here occasionally. He was there too. 8^] I hope I didn't leave anybody out.

If anybody here knows Ed and Betty Fennell from Myrtle Beach, please tell them I'm sorry that I didn't get to say goodbye. I was just in a hurry to get home. They are a very special couple; in their 80's and still going strong with a tremendous interest in turning wood.

I hope that others will chime in with their experiences as they get back home and get their breath back.

I gotta go bury my dog. He slipped on out on me while I was gone.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.