Turning Archive 2008

Subject:
I have crayons!!! OT!!!

Mike Stafford
>When I was a little boy my parents never bought me the big box of crayons. You know the one I am talking about, the box with 120 crayons. I only had the basic box of 8 colors. I have long attributed my lack of artistic talent and knowledge of color to the fact that I was crayon deprived.

But no longer! I have been made whole. No longer will my flowers only be red and green. Not only do I have the big box of crayons I have two. Carole Valentine and Molly Winton both sent me a big box, the 120 count box, fresh from the Crayola factory.

When was the last time you opened a big box of crayons and smelled all the colors? I had forgotten how intoxicating new fresh crayons could be. Molly and Carole, thank you very much. I find it fascinating that after nearly 35 years of marriage two women who I do not really know have fulfilled one of my fantasies. I feel complete, I am sated, I have an afterglow that will be with me for as long as I have a coloring book to color in....and with two boxes I will have one to share with my new grandchild who is to arrive any day now.

You made my day. I cannot remember the last time I laughed till I cried and was totally by myself. Expect me to start using all kinds of colorful words, (no not that kind) and descriptives when I discuss turning in the future. I am equal to any man now....:>))

Thanks for giving me a great laugh and lots of crayons. You two are the best!!!

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081