Turning Archive 2008

I have crayons!!! OT!!!

Mike Stafford
>When I was a little boy my parents never bought me the big box of crayons. You know the one I am talking about, the box with 120 crayons. I only had the basic box of 8 colors. I have long attributed my lack of artistic talent and knowledge of color to the fact that I was crayon deprived.

But no longer! I have been made whole. No longer will my flowers only be red and green. Not only do I have the big box of crayons I have two. Carole Valentine and Molly Winton both sent me a big box, the 120 count box, fresh from the Crayola factory.

When was the last time you opened a big box of crayons and smelled all the colors? I had forgotten how intoxicating new fresh crayons could be. Molly and Carole, thank you very much. I find it fascinating that after nearly 35 years of marriage two women who I do not really know have fulfilled one of my fantasies. I feel complete, I am sated, I have an afterglow that will be with me for as long as I have a coloring book to color in....and with two boxes I will have one to share with my new grandchild who is to arrive any day now.

You made my day. I cannot remember the last time I laughed till I cried and was totally by myself. Expect me to start using all kinds of colorful words, (no not that kind) and descriptives when I discuss turning in the future. I am equal to any man now....:>))

Thanks for giving me a great laugh and lots of crayons. You two are the best!!!

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.