Turning Archive 2008

Subject:
OT: More Photography Stuff *PIC*

steve antonucci
>So all of this talk about photography and a slow night on TV caused me to go through some of my old photo boxes to pull out what I consider some of my better work. I'd invite other amateur photographer/woodturners to post some of your pictures and why you like them.

I don't want to turn this into a critique of anyone's technique, since this isn't a photography forum and, well, there isn't anything that can be done to correct whatever problems exist.

Here's the story behind this photograph:

I was driving through Washington state on a weekend towards Mount Rainier when I came upon this scene. It was late in the day and a storm had just come through over the area, and the light was perfect. I had a camera with me and I pulled over, knowing that no picture I could take would ever do the view justice. Without a tripod, I did my best to take three images in quick succession without distorting the vantage point too much. Total time from parking to back in the car <1 m.

Years later, I passed this exact spot and was surprise to see a shallow lake that had filled in the grassy meadow complete up to the road.

Photography is sometimes best when spontaneous, and almost always involves being at the right place at the right time. Better equipment might have made a sharper print, or the seams line up better, but I don't really mind the three being 'primitively" stitched with the little errors at the seams.

Let's see some of your stories.

Steven

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081