Turning Archive 2008

Subject:
outstanding exhibit catalog

GaryG in MD
>I took a tip from Phil Brown's "President's Perspective" column in the January issue of the Montgomery County Woodturners (of MD) Newsletter

http://montgomerycountywoodturners.org/Documents/MCW%20Newsletter%202008-01.pdf

and purchased from Amazon the exhibit catalog of the Boston Museum of Fine Arts show called "Shy boy, she devil, and Isis", subtitled "The art of conceptual craft -- Selections from the Wornick Collection".
I am glad I did! The works are incredible, and the photography is worthy.

In the Newsletter, Phil reports:
"Among the 120 pieces chosen for this exhibit is turned (and sometimes carved) wood by Christian Burchard, Jean-Francois Escoulen, David Ellsworth, Ron Fleming, Ron Gerton, Giles Gilson, David Groth, Michelle Holzapfel, Robert Howard, Todd Hoyer, Stephen Hughes, Bill Hunter, Michael Hosaluk, Bud Latven, William Moore, Ben Trupperbaumer, and other wood workers whose work I admire such as Wendell Castle, John Cederquist, Robin Horn, Gord Peteran, Peter Pierobon, Hap Sakwa (former turner), and Joel Urruty. While seeing the exhibit is best, an alternative is the exhibit catalog, with large, quality pictures, which is available (new and used) and titled after three pieces from the collection, SHY BOY, SHE DEVIL, AND ISIS."

Details can be found at: www.mfa.org/exhibitions/sub.asp?key=15&subkey=3858
www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0878467181/ref=dp_olp_2/104-3270912-6051923

Unfortunately, the show closes tomorrow, but the catalog is a must have if you are a fan of contemporary arts and crafts in wood, glass, ceramics, metal, etc.

Enjoy, Gary

Messages In This Thread

outstanding exhibit catalog
Re: outstanding exhibit catalog
You are so lucky...
Re: outstanding exhibit catalog
© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081