Turning Archive 2007

Subject:
PAID AD: Christmas Turning Blank Sale

Ellis Walentine
>

Christmas Sale:
Mahogany, Curly Cherry, Box Elder, Walnut and Maple

Hi all,
Recently I have come across some of the prettiest turning wood that I've ever had and I would like to share my good fortune with my WoodCentral friends. In honor of the season, I am offering FREE SHIPPING on any blanks ordered between now and Jan. 15th.

AFRICAN MAHOGANY
First off, this pretty red wood is purported to be African Mahogany. I'll let you decide about that. All I know is that it is mahogany and it is very nice wood. Quantities are limited, particularly in larger size blanks, but there should be at least 3 more available in 8"x8"x8"+ sizes. There will also be a number of 4"x4", 3"x3" and 2"x2" blanks in lengths of 7"to 8", perfect for small hollow forms, boxes and bottle stoppers. $12 per board foot.

CURLY CHERRY
Second on the list is this beautiful Curly Cherry. The cants that I'll be cutting this from are odd shapes, so it's a little difficult to predict the blank sizes. I do know there will be some 2.5"x12" and 14" platter blanks. Let me know what you would like, and I'll do everything I can to meet your needs. $10 per board foot.

BOXELDER
Next is some of the most highly colored Box Elder that I've seen. Unfortunately, I don't have pictures yet, but I should be able to send you some by later in the week if you want. These blanks can be as big as 10"x10"x7", but again, I'm willing to cut to your specs. Just let me know. $10 per board foot.

SOFT MAPLE
Finally, for the turner who wants pretty wood but doesn't want to spend a fortune, I'm offering these lovely Soft Maple blanks for only $6 per board foot, 5 bf minimum. I can cut these in 6"x6", 7"x7", 8"x8", 10"x10", and 12"x12" bowl blanks in 3" and 4" thicknesses. I can also cut 3"x3" and 4"x4" box blanks and 6"x6" HF blanks.

Remember, FREE SHIPPING is my Christmas present to you. E-mail me at glevans@hughes.net or call me at 865-856-2833.

Thanks for your business,
Gary Evans
Talasi Hardwoods

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081