Turning Archive 2007

Subject:
Close call

Carole Valentine
>Those of you who use halogen work lights - be careful! I went outside this evening and when I came back I noticed there was a light in the upstairs window. Strange...I had not been up there since last week. I went up to turn it off and discovered it was the halogen work light. It had somehow fallen off the photo setup and when it landed the "on" button got pushed. It was lying part on the carpet and part on a plastic box. The box had melted. The glass cover on the light had gotten so hot it was frosted. It could not have been much longer before something burst into flames. I had to take it out of the house by the cord - it was way too hot to touch. Folks, if you use those things, don't just switch them off. UNPLUG them!

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081