Turning Archive 2007

Subject:
A bigger man knows when he messed up...

steve antonucci
>I sent an apology to Ellis to let him know that I was sorry for being one of the folks that got involved in a little too heated debate. I'm not looking to make WC anything more than what it is, I have no agenda, but I am confused by what happened with Wally's post.

I've admired Wally's work for years. Every time I try to make a beaded vessel, it ends up being thinner because I cut the beads off. He's obviously a very talented turner.

I started a thread about what I thought could be copied and what I thought was public domain. I made my position very clear- I do NOT think that techniques like burning, coloring,etc are copyrights. I then very clearly said that as an extension of that position, that Wally's piece was not a copy of Molly's work. I'm unsure how, but this was twisted into me accusing Wally of copying Molly's work. Fur flew after that, which I could see if I had said it.

But I didn't.

I've been on trial for something I never said, which seems to be a recurring theme here. The person who actually accused Wally of copying hasn't heard a single bad word. How's that for irony?

Steve

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081