Turning Archive 2007

Subject:
OT: website (repost from general forum) *LINK*

Mike Schwing from Md.
>Originally intended for this forum as you guys post more pics, mistakenly posted on general forum.

Thought this might be useful to some of you, as it was for me.

I'm in between websites at the moment. It'll be a while before I get schwingding.com fully functional. At the moment it is nothing more than a shell.

But I have been working with FLICKR to put something up on the web that will fill the gap until I get my site up and running again. I thought that many of you in the same boat, or those of you who don't really want to bother with a real website might find this useful. In a couple of days I've managed to get my photos up online and in a format that I find pleasing enough for now. There is a very nice slideshow feature that if you also select the "info" for each picture, it is displayed along with the picture, resulting in a very professional looking manner. I was both surprised and pleased. The only drawback is that the URL sucks. That can be overcome by simply registering your domain name at godaddy.com for a couple of bucks, and then having them redirect your domain name to the URL. It is simpler than it sounds

I'm no genius, so if I can do this, so can you! Take a look, tell me what you think, and if you might consider the same thing.

Here's the URL for my flickr account, and it is also linked below

http://flickr.com/photos/10005466@N07/sets/

You can get your free FLICKR account at www.flickr.com

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081