Turning Archive 2007

Subject:
MultiAxis Turning Article by Barbara Dill *LINK*

charlie belden
>A heads up - the Fall 2007 issue of American Woodturner that everyone seems to be waiting for has a great five page article on Multi-Axis Turning - the first of two articles on the subject by Barbara Dill.

If you haven't tried multi-axis turning this article just may be the thing to get you to try it.

If you have tried multi-axis turning and had trouble figuring out what does what - results being sort of voodoo - this article will probably clear things up a bit.

This article will get you thinking Outside The Box - or more accurately - Outside The Circle. And it has an interesting twist - literally. Actually it's only a quarter turn - but it's a twist none the less.

I've been playing with just a couple of ideas from the article and put up a page about just one of the ideas I learned from the article. Have a veritable mini- forest of little odd shaped "trees" and keep adding to it.

Turning is addictive. Multi-Axis turning maybe the crack cocaine of turning. I see triangular turned lidded boxes in my future, along with some pretty unusual finials.

Thank you Barbara Dill!

charlie b

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081