Turning Archive 2007

Subject:
Indy Fest Demo line up and INFO

Jennifer@Indy.USA
>IndyFest Demo line up

So far we have several demos lined up for the weekend.
On Friday late afternoon Dick Coers will be holding a Sharpening Buffet. He will demonstrate sharpening with the Wolverine jig as well as chisels and plane irons and anything else that need to be sharpened. Saturday will start off with Doug Thompson at 10:00am demonstrating turning a hat from a solid hunk of wood. This is an amazing demonstration so you won't want to miss a minute of it. Bring a folding chair as this demo will have you on the edge of your seat and if you don't have a seat, you'll be sorry! After lunch Vince Welch will be showing us how he power sands with various tools including a random orbital sander that you'll just be amazed at the finish it leaves. It sold me and I had to have one. Then after this Dick Coers will show us how he makes a threaded bolt box. It should be interesting! In between and all around these demos there will be lots of other things going at various lathes. I'm sure Duane leach and Al Crandall will be working their magic on at least one lathe and hopefully Dave Pebbles ( I haven't heard from you Dave but I'm calling you out :)....will also dive in and give a show of his incredible talents. These demos are very low key and laid back so please feel free to wander from demo to demo and get a peek at them all.

Also a reminder about the Gift Exchange. This is really fun for all. If you bring a hand made wooden gift (round or flat) made by YOU. You will go home with a hand made gift. It's tons of fun and a great way to leave with a really neat memory. For those who can't make it or want to donate something to the Indy Fest Raffle, you can donate something to the raffle. This could be a turning blank, a gift card to Rockler/Woodcraft, a hand made item, etc. etc. Tickets are sold for $1 each and I'm not sure where the money goes. Ha! Ray help me out here? Back to WoodCentral? In to the IndyFest kitty for next year? Local Property Tax fund? I'm clueless on this one?

Again the times are...Friday September 14th, 3pm-10pm Is that right Ray or was it 9:00? Saturday Sept. 15, 9:00am - whenever the last log in the fire pit dies.

We are asking for a $15 donation to help defray the cost of the food, drinks, paper goods and Porta Potty (which by the way was the nicest Porta Potty I've ever seen!) You'll get lunch on Friday, Lunch and dinner on Saturday. Did I mention that the food is Scrumpdillyitious?

Hope to see many of you there.

Jen & Ray

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081