Turning Archive 2007

Subject:
Tool Gloat - captured HF rig w/laser *PIC*

Chip in Plano
>I finally pulled the trigger on a captured HF rig with laser. Took saving up from gifts from 2 birthdays, 2 father's day and Christmas to squirrel away a few bucks. Did I mention that I have a teenage daughter with an appetite for spending money.

Thanks to this forum and several other discussion forums and blogs on hollowing rigs. I did months of reading and indecision. It was a difficult choice since I didn't have direct access to use the many models marketed. In the end I went with Monster Lathe Tools setup.

HF turning hasn't been very enjoyable lately. I made several mistakes to the tune of about $60 bucks of ruined wood but in terms of the pieces I ruined, the revenue loss was probably closer to $300 or so. Physically, hollowing was a drag with hours leaning over a lathe not to mention the beating my hands, fingers, wrists, elbow took doing HF freehand.

I'll try to report back the outcome and what I learned along the way.

The fit and finish of the components is just great. You can judge for yourself about the plethora of various attachments. I opted for the extra tool handle. The purchase experience was first-rate, very accommodating with zero problems.

Messages In This Thread

Tool Gloat - captured HF rig w/laser *PIC*
Re: Tool Gloat - captured HF rig w/laser
Re: Tool Gloat - captured HF rig w/laser
© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081