Turning Archive 2007

Subject:
My lathe is back in operation - at last!

Andi Wolfe
>The three-phase inverter on my Stubby 750 lathe died the week before the Utah symposium - just as I had a small block of time to work on some stuff for the instant galleries. Ouch! I purchased the retrofit kit from StubbyLathe USA at the AAW symposium. The kit arrived to my house before I returned home from my travels. I finally had a couple of evenings to work on it and I finished the retrofit this evening with some assistance from hubby. I am sooooooo happy to have my lathe up and running again. I've been going through severe withdrawal. . .

The good news is that putting the retrofit electronics onto the lathe is pretty straightforward - easy enough that even this mechanically-noninclined person can tackle the job. The hardest part for me was attaching a metal plate to the stand on which to mount the new inverter. I used self-tapping metal screws, drilled in with an impact driver. I drilled pilot holes first, but the effort to put in the metal screws was still pretty hard on me. My arms and shoulders are looking forward to a visit with my massage therapist on Friday ;-)

Andi

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081