Turning Archive 2007

Subject:
Magic wand opportunity in WVa *LINK* *PIC*

JKJ in East TN
>I was asked to do magic wands again this year in Knoxville for the final Harry Potter book release. This was a huge success last time. (The attached thread had details and lots of wand pictures.) I plan to dig the mini-lathe out of storage and take 50 or so finished wands and a number of blanks. BTW, I did a demo on wand-turning a few months ago for the Smoky Mountain Woodturners which appeared to be well received - good clean fun!

The woman who was in charge of the Knoxville Books-A-Million event last time has a new store in Charleston, West Virginia, and wants to know if someone in her new area is interested in making wands for their Harry Potter party. The date is Friday, July 20, from about 9pm until Midnight.

I have a name and contact info if you are in the Charleston area and might be interested.

JKJ

PS, I've missed reading messages and interacting here - the farm has been taking a huge amount of time and I've had little for turning. I just finished a big fencing project, am in the middle of clearing and adding on to the barn, it's time to start on a second horse barn, and in the queue are stacks with thousands of board feet in logs waiting to be sawn. This retirement is wearing me out!!!

Messages In This Thread

Magic wand opportunity in WVa *LINK* *PIC*
Re: Magic wand opportunity in WVa
No takers?
Maybe I should not retire.............
© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081