Turning Archive 2007

Grumbling. FWW (and other ) contest. *LINK*

Craig Daymon
>I just entered Fine Woodworking's contest to win a mini lathe and assorted accesssories. Again, like contests from Woodworker's Journal, Wood, Popular Woodworking and others, they asked for plenty of personal information, including birthdate, phone number and e-mail. Naturally some of this information is expected in order to contact WHEN I WIN. (In other words, don't bother entering.)

The big thing that gets me is that not one of quite a few woodworking related contests that I have entered in the past couple years has bothered to set up a secure site for collecting the information! They know how to do it because they do it when you are shopping on their sites, why not for the contests?!? Well, when I experience identity theft and track it back to FWW, I guess I'll own a couple of (frequently) good magazines. (That way I can save on the subscription fees.)

P.S. Also interesting to note that the page for the contests shows 3 "turning tools" that appear to be carving tools (from Pfeil, I think). Least I don't know anyone that turns using a V-tool.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.