Turning Archive 2007

Subject:
Grumbling. FWW (and other ) contest. *LINK*

Craig Daymon
>I just entered Fine Woodworking's contest to win a mini lathe and assorted accesssories. Again, like contests from Woodworker's Journal, Wood, Popular Woodworking and others, they asked for plenty of personal information, including birthdate, phone number and e-mail. Naturally some of this information is expected in order to contact WHEN I WIN. (In other words, don't bother entering.)

The big thing that gets me is that not one of quite a few woodworking related contests that I have entered in the past couple years has bothered to set up a secure site for collecting the information! They know how to do it because they do it when you are shopping on their sites, why not for the contests?!? Well, when I experience identity theft and track it back to FWW, I guess I'll own a couple of (frequently) good magazines. (That way I can save on the subscription fees.)

-Craig

P.S. Also interesting to note that the page for the contests shows 3 "turning tools" that appear to be carving tools (from Pfeil, I think). Least I don't know anyone that turns using a V-tool.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081