Turning Archive 2007

Subject:
O.T. Day One

Dave Peebles Lyons, Ohio!
>Today was an important day for me. It was the first day of not going to work for someone else. I officially retired from everything except woodturning last Friday.

It was a great feeling!! I worked for 25 years in the road construction business. With a few years in between doing other assorted jobs. My last job was at a major RTA woodworking company.

But today, I began to work for myself. The shop is undergoing major renovations. All the things I have been putting off for a couple of years are now on the front burner.

I used to be a pretty active member here. But for the last two years I have been the guy who posts in the middle of the night. :) I have really missed the chats on Wednesday. I hope to be a regular contributer from now on.

I am also teaching some woodturning classes at my new local Woodcraft. I have another coming up in a week or so. It has been really great to do something you love and get paid for it too!

Anyhow, sorry for the long post, but I wanted to share the news with some of my old friends who may remember me from days past.

Best wishes,
Dave

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081