Turning Archive 2007

Subject:
In line filter on Air Comprerssor

Jennifer@Indy.USA
>Hey gang. I just posted this on the main forum but wanted to post it here to see what the turning side does in this case. Thanks!

I am wanting to put an in line filter on my AC in order to help in moisture control into some of the pneumatic tools I use on use on my turnings. I thought that the little filter I bought just connected onto the regulator at the AC, but apparently I need a short line coming form the AC...then they say to attach this filter to a solid surface such as the wall...and then run the extended line to the tools from there. So I'm at Lowes yesterday, and I don't see any sort of short air hose for the filter extension. Does everybody just make one of these out of a piece of short hose and use those coupling do-dads? The tapered thing that fits inside the hose to seal it? I fear those would leak...they always do when using them to splice garden hose. Perhaps I'm missing the entire explanation that came in the filter box...it was pretty sparse. Of course I just tossed my old air hose and the trash pick up was yesterday.

Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Jen

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081