Turning Archive 2007

Subject:
Portland-bound

Ellis Walentine
>Well, I finally bit the bullet and booked my flights to the Symposium. I don't usually stay for the duration of these events, but this year is different. I'll be arriving Thursday morning and leaving on a red-eye Sunday night.

Now, here's a little detail that might be of interest to somebody: I have reservations at both the Red Lion and the Double Tree. I need to what the difference is between these two hotels, so I can decide where to stay. I have Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday reservations at the Red Lion and Friday, Saturday and Sunday reservations at the Double Tree. Since I'm leaving Sunday night, both those rooms are going to be freed up on Sunday. And since I'm arriving Thursday, I'll have to stay at the Red Lion on Thursday, but I have my choice of hotels for Friday and Saturday nights. I'd move if there was a really good reason, otherwise I'll just stay at the Red Lion all three nights.

Sorry to burden you with the petty arrangements, but if I'm going to be giving up hotel rooms, I want WoodCentral folks to have the first shot at them. Let me know by e-mail if you might be a candidate for any of these room reservations. I'll see if I can transfer them to you.

Now, about the Symposium itself, what do you all have planned? Is anyone going to visit Myles Gilmer? I'd go along on that trip. If any of you flat-wood folks want to visit Gary Rogowski's school on Thursday, I'm sorta planning to see if I can do that. (Did I say flat?)

Anyhow, I'm going to clear the decks for a great long weekend in a fabulous city with a couple thousand like-minded folks. Hope to see as many of you there as possible. We can try to get a WoodCentral lunch or cocktail party together if you like.

Now what the heck am I going to make for the Instant Gallery?....

Ellis

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081