Turning Archive 2007

Subject:
In Praise of Moffatt Lights *LINK*

Jennifer@Indy.USA
>I've been eyeing the Moffatt lights for some time now. Probably a few years really. After working with them daily a few weeks ago at Marc Adams, I realized just how handy and well made they were and I went out and bought one at Woodcraft the other day. It's one of those purchases that you just say why did I wait so long to buy this? I bought the 18" one with a magnetic base so I can stick it on a vertical part of my General down by the tail stock. It is wonderful. the magnet is super strong. It can take up to a 100 watt bulb and is bright, easily moved and adjusted, and doesn't get HOT so when you grab the housing to adjust it, you don't fry your hand. For the past 4 years I've use a double headed shop light that was really hard to get in the right spot. It stinks for hollowing because my shadow is always in the way. I think I'll buy a second Moffatt here in the near future only this time get the 24" one. Then I'll put the shorter one up at the head stock and the longer one at the other end. If you've been thinking about trying these lights...go for it! You'll love them!

Jen

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081