Turning Archive 2007

Subject:
Cherry Bowl

Jennifer@Indy.USA
>Hi Everyone,

I've been feverishly turning away the past few weeks getting ready for a Spring Open House that I held at my home last night. Although I had a low turnout, it went fairly well sales wise. It paid for the food and wine and then even made a nice deposit this morning so I was feeling good. In my turning frenzy, I made this bowl (that my next door neighbor adopted last night :)...I think it may be one of my favorite bowls that I've made. Just an ordinary bowl with a couple of burn rings at the pillowed out rim and also on the foot. It's about 10.5" diameter and about 7"deep. Finished with Watco.

It took everything I had in me to not take a wood burner or a texturing tool to it! This hunk of wood came to me via Barbara Gill in a big box. Thank you so much Barbara. It was a lovely piece of cherry. The photos don't do the wood justice. I rough turned it in the late Fall, soaked it in DNA and then finished it a couple of weeks ago. Again, pardon my photos...it was a rush job yesterday morning, hand holding my camera in the light box outside.

All comments and critiques welcome.

Thanks for looking,

Jen

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081